As I go along this part of my life where I am trying to balance happiness and character with ambitions and competition, I am going to start writing about the things I am thankful for. It’s something I was inspired from another blogger friend. You need not necessarily pray to someone above, you just need to be aware of your blessings and be thankful for them. Even if you think you deserved whatever you got in life, I think you should be thankful for whatever makes you think you deserved it. So, here goes my first list
- Getting some clarity on what I would like to do with my career - at least on a short term basis
- Mom recovering after feeling under the weather for quite some days
- Parents who support me no matter what I decide or think I can decide
- Wise words from an experienced soul on lessons about life, work and the choices we make (Will write more on this soon)
- The brilliant people in my life who keep me going no matter how cracked up I feel at times
- Starting to write again after so long!
- A nice break at the end of which I feel ready for the entire ordeal to follow soon.
Steve Jobs passed away today. Although, my life has been touched by him in just one of those gazillion pink shuffles he created, I have always been surrounded by friends who proudly owned, desperately wanted to own or strongly believed in owning an apple creation. Magical as his work was, the truth remains that we shant see anymore of him. It’s astonishing the number of lives he has touched! I don’t remember anything else recently that has grieved so many people together at the same time. He lived every day as if it were his last and I am sure he died peaceful of all. A few lines from one of my favourite poems, to the man who will be dearly missed
Live not for battles won
Live not for the-end-of-the-song
Live in the along
(Source: Flickr / chudesnikov)